INFLUENCE OF CHECK AND BYPASS VALVES ON WATER HAMMER PARAMETERS DURING PUMPING LIQUID HYDROCARBONS
In this work, was produced the physical and mathematical modeling of water hammer in the pipeline, which has the centrifugal pump with a check valve in the initial section, and the reservoir and shut-off valve at its entrance in the final section. In this article was presented a mathematical model of the clapper-check valve and a swing-check valve of the general form.
There were presented results of computer simulations and experiments on a special stand studying the phenomenon of water hammer, also on this stand was shown good convergence of this data and was substantiated the effectiveness of relief water hammer due to bypass of the transported fluid through the bypass valve on the bypass pump. By charts is showed the influence of backpressure and bypass valves on the parameters of water hammer in the pipeline system, in particular, is proved that the sudden triggered of shut-off valves on the discharge line in the absence of venting system waves of water hammer is most likely phenomenon of locking pressure between the check and shut-off valves. In the end, is presented a number of valuable conclusions based on the results of the performed work.
Water hammer, numerical simulation, the protection system, the main oil pipeline, a centrifugal pump, check valve, bypass valve.
Issue number: 3
Authors: Ledovskiy G. N., Belousov A. E., Kabanov O. V.
About authors: Ledovskiy G.N., Graduate Student, e-mail: G.N.Ledovskiy@gmail.com,
Belousov A.E., Graduate Student,
Kabanov O.V.1, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Assistant Professor,
National Mineral Resource University «University of Mines»,
199106, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
REFERENCES: 1. Ledovskiy G. N., Samolenkov S. V., Kabanov O. V. Zapiski Gornogo instituta. 2013, no 206, pp. 99–103.
2. Ledovskiy G. N., Kabanov O. V. Mezhregional’nyy seminar «Rassokhinskie chteniya»: materialy (Interregional Seminar Proceedings: Rassokhin’s Lectures), Ukhta, 2013, pp. 142–146.
3. Kabanov O. V., Samolenkov S. V., Ledovskiy G. N. V Sankt-Peterburgskiy kongress «Professional’noe obrazovanie, nauka, innovatsii v XXI veke»: sbornik trudov (The 5th Saint-Petersburg Congress on Professional Education, Science and Innovation in the 21st Century: Collection of papers), Saint-Petersburg, Izd-vo SPGGU, 2011, pp. 100–105.
4. Zhukovskiy N. E. O gidravlicheskom udare v vodoprovodnykh trubakh (Hydraulic shock in water pipes), Moscow, Gostekhizdat, 1949, 105 p.
5. Lur’e M. V. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie protsessov truboprovodnogo transporta nefti, nefteproduktov i gaza (Mathematical modeling of processes in pipeline transport of oil, oil products and gas), Moscow, Neft’ i gaz, 2003, 335 p.
6. Vasil’ev G. G., Korobkov G. E., Korshak A. A. Truboprovodnyy transport nefti. Uchebnik dlya vuzov. Pod red. S. M. Vaynshtoka. T. 1 (Oil pipeline transport: Textbook for high schools. Vaynshtok S. M. (Ed.), vol. 1), Moscow, Nedra-Biznes, 2002, 407 p.
7. Foks D. A. Gidravlicheskiy analiz neustanovivshegosya techeniya v truboprovodakh (Hydraulic analysis of steady flow in pipelines), Moscow, Energoizdat, 1981, 247 p.
8. Charnyy I. A. Neustanovivsheesya dvizhenie real’noy zhidkosti v trubakh (Unsteady flow of actual fluid in pipes), Moscow, Gostekhizdat, 1951, 224 p.
9. Wylie E. В., Streeter V. L. Fluid Transient in Systems. Prentice-Hall: Englewood, 1993.
10. Verushin A. Yu., Rakhmatullin Sh. I., Zakharov N. P. Neftyanoe khozyaystvo. 2010, no 3, pp. 110–112.