RESEARCH AND FORECASTING OF WEAR OF THE BUTTON BIT-EXPANDERS FOR DRILLING COUNTERVAILING HOLES IN HARD ROCKS
It is reported the results of industrial tests of the button bit-expanders for drilling compensation holes in hard rocks in one or two stages.
It is reported the methods of wear assessment for the body and the buttons of drilling bits for shock-rotary and rotary-percussion drilling is suggested. The methods of wear assessment for drilling bits is based on the measurements of its body in the characteristic points and the photoplanimetric analysis of the carbide buttons. The methods describes the features of the definition of the characteristic points of the body measurements. Such points may simplify and speed up the measurement procedure of drilling tool’s body’s wear. Further, the features of the photoplanimetric analysis of wear of the carbide buttons were presented.
The data of wear of carbide buttons and drilling tool’s body were presented. Based on the developed wear methods of wear assessment for drilling bits, the illustrative diagrams were built, the endurance of button bit-expanders was estimated and the prediction of their service life was provided.
It has been established that the wear of the inner surface of the side grooves for cuttings removal and the end surface of the housing is small and ranges from 0.1 to 0.7 mm. Most exposed to wear was the outside of the bit-expander’s body. It is obtained logarithmic dependence wear carbide buttons and the shell side of the bit-expander’s body diameter of 65 mm from the penetration of rocks strength f = 15 – 18.
Button bit-expanders, wear of drilling tools, wear resistance forecast, wear diagram, wear assessment, drilling compensation holes, useful lifetime.
Issue number: 7
Authors: Gromadskiy A. S., Khrutskiy A. A., Bobyr’ V. G., Kuz’menko D. I.
About authors: Gromadskiy А. S., Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Khrutskiy A. A., Candidate of Technical Sciences, Assistant Professor,
Bobyr’ V. G., Graduate Student,
Kuzmenko D. I., Assistant of Chair, e-mail: email@example.com,
Kryvyi Rih National University, Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine.
REFERENCES: 1. Khrutskiy A. A., Bobyr’ V. G. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2015, no 4, pp. 220–226.
2. Baron L. I., Glatman L. B., Guyuenkov E. K. Kriterii i metody izmereniya iznosa rezhushchego instrumenta dlya gornykh porod (Criteria and methods for measuring the wear of the cutting tool for rocks), Moscow, 1961, 56 p.
3. Artsimovich G. V., Sveshnikov I. A., Yavtushenko N. M. Gornyy porodorazrushayushchiy instrument (Rock cutting tools), Kiev, Tekhnika, 1966, pp. 100–106.
4. Izrailit B. Z. Trudy VNIIBT (Proceedings of VNIIBT), Moscow, Nedra, 1962, pp. 96–103.
5. Melashchenko V. A. Issledovanie iznosa lezviynykh koronok i rezhimov bureniya vzryvnykh skvazhin pogruzhnymi pnevmoudarnikami (Research blade bits wear and conditions of drilling blast holes DTH), Candidate’s thesis, Krivoy Rog, 1978, 20 p.
6. Gromads’kiy A. S., Kuz’menko D. І., Karamanits’ F. І. Patent Ukraїni na korisnu model’ № 95502, kl. E21 V 7/00, 25.12.2014.