In this paper describes the results of experimental studies of thermally stimulated acoustic
emission (TAE) of soils of different material composition under various freezing conditions.
The possibility of using these studies for the assessment of clay content in the geomaterial under test which characterizes cohesive properties of soils has been shown. It has been found that the sample freezing rate does not affect the TAE nature, but has a proportional relationship with its level. Based on the TAE patterns established the numerical criterion of thawed soil structural stability assessment has been suggested. This criterion makes it possible to handle as a single set the results of TAE tests obtained on geomaterial samples of different mass at variable intensity of cryological processes occurring in them.
Issue number: 7
UDK: (534.6+ 53.082.4): 551.34
Authors: Novikov E. A., Oshkin R. O.
About authors: Novikov E. A., Assistant Professor, e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Oshkin R. O., Student,
National University of Science and Technology «MISiS»,
119049, Moscow, Russia.
REFERENCES: 1. Khrustalev L. N., Medvedev A. V., Pustovoyt G. P. Kriosfera Zemli. 2000, vol. IV, no 3, pp. 35–41.
2. Zykov Yu. D. Geofizicheskie metody issledovaniya kriolitozony (Geophysical research methods for permafrost zone), Moscow, Izd-vo Mosk. un-ta, 2007, 272 p.
3. Khrustalev L. N., Medvedev A. V., Pustovoyt G. P. Kriosfera Zemli. 2000, vol. V, no 3, pp. 35–41.
4. Voronkov O. K. Inzhenernaya seysmika v kriolitozone (Izuchenie stroeniya i svoystv merzlykh i talykh gornykh porod i massivov) (Инженерная сейсмика в криолитозоне (Engineering seismology in permafrost zone (Analysis of structure and properties of frozen and thawed rock masses)), Saint-Petersburg, Izd-vo OAO «VNIIG im. B.E. Vedeneeva»,
2009, 401 p.
5. Tyutyunik P. M. Geoakusticheskiy kontrol’ protsessov zamorazhivaniya i tamponirovaniya porod (Geoacoustic control of freezing and plugging of rocks), Moscow, Nedra, 1994, 251 p.
6. Skvortsov A. G., Tsarev A. M., Sadurtdinov M. R. Kriosfera Zemli. 2011, vol. XV, no 4, pp. 110–113.
7. Shkuratnik V. L., Novikov E. A., Oshkin R. O. Experimental analysis of thermally stimulated acoustic emission in various-genotype rock specimens under uniaxial compression.
Journal of Mining Science, March 2014, Volume 50, Issue 2, pp 249–255.
8. Shkuratnik V. L., Novikov E. A. Correlation of thermally induced acoustic emission and ultimate compression strength in hard rocks. Journal of Mining Science, July 2012, Volume 48, Issue 4, pp. 629–635
9. Shkuratnik V. L., Novikov E. A., Oshkin R. O. Gornyy informatsionno-analiticheskiy byulleten’. 2015, no 6, pp. 121–127.
10. Shkuratnik V. L., Novikov E. A. Physical modeling of the grain size influence on acoustic emission in the heated geomaterials. Journal of Mining Science. January 2012, Volume 48, Issue 1, pp. 9–14.
11. Voznesenskiy A. S., Nabatov V. V., Kutkin Ya. O., Novikov E. A. Geodinamika i napryazhennoe sostoyanie nedr Zemli. Trudy Vserossiyskoy konferentsii, posvyashchennoy 80-letiyu akademika M.V. Kurleni, t. 1 (Geodynamics and Stress State of the Earth’s Interior: Proceedings of the All-Russian Conference Devoted to the 80th Anniversary of Academician M.V. Kurlenya, vol. 1), Novosibirsk, 2011, pp. 299–304.