SCIENTIFIC SUBSTANTIATION OF METHODS OF EXPRESS-FORECAST AT FACES OF GAS RELEASE FROM COAL USING THE CHANGE ITS TEMPERATURE
One of the main reasons for the gas problem in coal mines is the inability to see at a glance and quickly take into account the change in each face geological disturbances and gas-kinetic properties of coal.
Experimental studies in laboratories and methane bearing mines proved that one of the most promising and low-cost methods of forecasting rapid evolution of gas from coal is to monitor the change in its temperature. Firstly, it is proved that the heat of desorption of methane for each coal seam in the areas of any geological disturbance within the mine can be considered constant at pressures up to 8 MPa. This means that the reducing coal temperature during desorption is directly proportional to the quantity of the desorbed methane. Secondly, we show that tectonic disturbances of coal in seam can vary greatly even at a distance of tens of centimeters, and to improve the safety of work need to constantly identify and take into account the gas-kinetic properties of coal before face.
We scientifically substantiated ability to quickly and significantly improve the security on the gas factor in the mines due to the constant temperature control of surface of the seam and of drilling small coal using a thermal imager and remote infrared thermometer (pyrometer), which will allow: 1 – immediately see areas of increased desorption, i.e. zones of geological faults, at a lower temperature of coal in them; 2 – use normative methods of forecasting outbursts first of all in the area of maximum cooling of coal, as this would increase their reliability and safety in mines; 3 – constantly receive, store electronically and used for scientific and practical purposes more accurate information about the coal seams; 4 – quickly identify and take into account the changes in the properties of coal in each seam without the high expense of money and labor, and changes in technology of works by using small and comfortable desorbometrs of new principle of action.
This can increase very fast, easy and cheap the security in faces of gaseous mines, as all miners will immediately see the disturbed outburst prone coal in seams and take the necessary measures.
Security, coal beds, methane emission, geological disturbance, gas-dynamic phenomena, forecasting methods, the heat of desorption, the temperature of coal.
Issue number: 7
UDK: 622.411.33: 533.17
Authors: Radchenko S. A., Matvienko N. G.
About authors: Radchenko S. A., Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Assistant Professor,
Tula State Lev Tolstoy Pedagogical University, 300012, Tula, Russia,
Matvienko N. G., Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Leading Researcher,
Institute of Problems of Comprehensive Exploitation of Mineral Resources of Russian Academy of Sciences, 111020, Moscow, Russia, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
REFERENCES: 1. Malyshev Yu. N., Trubetskoy K. N., Ayruni A. T. Fundamental’no prikladnye metody resheniya problemy metana ugol’nykh plastov (Fundamentally applied methods for solving problems of coalbed methane), Moscow, Izd-vo Akademii gornykh nauk, 2000, 519 p.
2. Ettinger I. L. Vnezapnye vybrosy uglya i gaza i struktura uglya (Sudden coal and gas outbursts and coal structure), Moscow, Nedra, 1969, 160 p.
3. Radchenko S. A. Razvitie metodov i razrabotka ustroystv dlya otsenki metanootdachi ugley v shakhtakh na osnove gazokineticheskikh i teplovykh effektov desorbtsii metana (Development of methods and design of devices for evaluation of methane emission from coal in mines on the basis of gas-kinetic and thermal effects of methane desorption), Doctor’s thesis, Moscow, URAN IPKON RAN, 2008, 369 p.
4. Radchenko S. A., Matvienko N. G. Bezopasnost’ truda v promyshlennosti. 2014, no 4, pp. 34–39.
5. Radchenko S. A., Matvienko N. G. Patent RU 2019706. MKI E 21 F 5/00. 1994.
6. Ettinger I. L., Shul’man N. V., Kovaleva I. B. Khimiya tverdogo topliva. 1981, no 5, pp. 121–124.
7. Ettinger I. L., Radchenko S. A., Gorbunov I. A. Ugol’ Ukrainy. 1981, no 10, pp. 39–40.
8. Ettinger I. L., Maevskiy V. S., Radchenko S. A. Ugol’. 1983, no 5, pp. 8–9.
9. Barker-Read G. R., Radchenko S. A. An experimental investigation of coal/air heat transfer. Great Britain, University of Leeds, LUMA. 1990. Р. 193–202.
10. Ettinger I. L., Lidin G. D., Shul’man N. V. Fiziko-tekhnicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznykh iskopaemykh. 1984, no 5, pp. 65–69.
11. Kobylkin A. S., Kobylkin S. S. Mezhdunarodnaya molodezhnaya nauchnaya shkola «Problemy osvoeniya nedr v XXI veke glazami molodykh». T. 2. 19–23 noyabrya 2012 g. (International Youth Scientific School «Problems of development of mineral resources in the XXI century through the eyes of the young», vol. 2, November 19–23, 2012), Moscow, IPKON RAN, 2012, pp. 478–480.
12. Barker-Read G. R., Radchenko S. A. Methane emission from coal and associated strata samples. International Journal of Mining and Geological Engineering. 1989, no 7, pp. 101–121.