NEW RESEARCH METHODS TECHNOGENIC ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION AND HUMAN HEALTH
This work considers the problem of deriving informative features from images of gas discharge radiation. The images for analysis are the experimental images emerging from irradiation of liquid phase and biological objects by an impulse high-intensity electro-magnetic field. This paper focuses on constructing effective techniques for deriving features of Kirlian images that determine specific geometric and photometric parameters of pictures of luminescence. The problem of assessing the state of objects under consideration reduces to analysis of specific features of Kirlian images. This paper proposes several approaches for parameterization of such images, which are based on computing certain integral and local quantitative characteristics of images. Both geometric features and brightness characteristics of pictures of luminescence are used as possible informative parameters. In the case of liquid phase objects, integral characteristics, such as the area of illumination and fractal dimension, are used to derive quantitative information about these objects. Local characteristics of the images of gas discharge for liquid phase objects are based on sector analysis of images.
Kirlian photography, digital image processing, brightness histograms.
Issue number: 11
Authors: Glukhova N. V., Pesotskaya L. A.
About authors: Glukhova N.V., Candidate of Technical Sciences, Assistant Professor,
National Mining University, 49005, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine,
Pesotskaya L.A., Doctor of Medical Sciences, Assistant Professor,
State Establishment «Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy»,
49600, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine.
REFERENCES: 1. Stoitsis J., Golemati S., Nikita K. S. A Modular Software System to Assist Interpretation of Medical Images — Application to Vascular Ultrasound Images. IEEE Transactions On Instrumentation And Measurement. December 2006. Vol. 55. No. 6. Pp. 1944–1952.
2. Loizou C., Pattichis C. Despeckle Filtering for Ultrasound Imaging and Video. Volume I: Algorithms and Software. Second Edition. Synthesis Lectures on Algorithms and Software in Engineering 7:1. 2015. Pp. 1–180.
3. Gonsales R., Vuds R. Tsifrovaya obrabotka izobrazheniy (Digital image processing), Moscow, Tekhnosfera, 2005, 1072 p.
4. Pesotskaya L. A., Lapitskiy V. N., Botsman E. I., Gerashchenko S. V. Patent of Ukraine 22212, 05.04.07.
5. Pesotskaya L. A., Glukhova N. V., Lapitskiy V. N. Nauchnyy vestnik Natsional’nogo gornogo universiteta. 2013, no 1, pp. 91–96.
6. Bondarev V. M. Tezisy dokladov Vtorogo Mezhdunarodnogo Kongressa «Slabye i sverkhslabye polya i izlucheniya v biologii i meditsine». 3–7 iyunya 2000. SPb. (Weak and Superweak Fields and Radiation in Biology and Medicine: II International Congress Head-Notes. 3–7 June 2000, Saint-Petersburg), Saint-Petersburg, 2000, pp. 195–196.
7. Bondarev V. M. Kirlian-fotografiya: tsifrovaya i traditsionnaya, available at: http://www.vadimbo.narod.ru/GDV.htm.