effectiveness of technology processing of mineral raw materials, an increasing the complexity of its use in the conditions of environmental protection as the increases continuously needs of industry in the non-ferrous, rare, precious and ferrous metals and deteriorating the quality of extracted ores, harshly to acute the environmental situation.
The paper presents results physicochemical studies of flotation sulfide minerals of nonferrous metals as sphalerite, minerals group fahl ores – tennantite and the most common in Urals and Altai Mountains ore deposits of iron sulfide – pyrite.
In the studies used ionic sulfhydryl collectors – butyl xanthate (But Kx), diisobutyl dithiophosphate (DTP), low polar sulfhydryl collectors izoprotil O-N-thionocarbamates (ITC), Aero 5100 Aero 9863 (Cytec, USA). The author’s represented studies result of floatability studies of sulfides by nonfrothing flotation, kinetics of collector’s adsorption on minerals in a thermostatic cell.
The effect of material composition, the original surface oxidation of sulfides, pH of the liquid phase, and the compositions of sulfhydryl collectors of different molecular structure and regulatory of liquid phase in floatability of sulfides non-ferrous metals and pyrite are shown. The studies of constants rate of adsorption ButKx on samples tennantite treatment with NaOH and without it allowed to define the apparent energy activated adsorption of ButKx on sulfide in different conditions.
Consequently, the apparent energy activated adsorption of ButKx (Eads
= 4.67 and 15 kJ / mol) on tennantite points to physical form of the sorption collector. The authors represented the study’s results of transmission electron microscopy which allowed to makes clear a character skin ButKx on the surface of tennantite in different flotation regimes. Also identified the specific surface of sulphide minerals by adsorption of nitrogen in low-temperature on equipment Nova and shown abnormally high specific surface of tennantite equal to 10,122 m2
/g as other sulphides specific surface not more than 1 m2
The work is executed at financial support of the Russian Research Foundation (project no. 14-17-00393). In studies took part Aksenova D.D., Milovich F.O.
Issue number: 11
Authors: Kayumov A. A. Ignatkina V. A., Bocharov V. A.
About authors: Kayumov A.A., Graduate Student, e-mail: email@example.com,
Ignatkina V.A., Doctor of Technical Science, Professor,
Bocharov V.A., Doctor of Technical Science, Professor,
Aksenova D.D., Engineer, Center Resource-Saving Technologies
and Mineral Raw Materials, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Milovich F.O., Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences,
Engineer, e-mail: email@example.com,
National University of Science and Technology «MISiS»,
119049, Moscow, Russia.
REFERENCES: 1. Abramov A. A. Tekhnologiya kompleksnoy pererabotki i obogashcheniya rud i rossypey metallicheskikh poleznykh iskopaemykh (Technology of complex processing and enrichment of ore and placers of metallic mineral), Moscow, MGI, 1990, 172 p.
2. Bogdanov O. S., Maksimov I. I., Podnek A. K. Teoriya i tekhnologiya flotatsii rud. Pod red. O. S. Bogdanova (Theory and technology of ore flotation, Bogdanov O. S. (Ed.)), Moscow, Nedra, 1980, 431 p.
3. Bocharov V. A., Ignatkina V. A., Kayumov A. A. Fiziko-tekhnicheskiye problemy razrabotki poleznykh iskopayemykh. 2015, no 3, pp. 130–137.
4. Jens Wenzel Andreasen, Emil Makovicky, Bente Lebech, Sven Karup Möller. The role of iron in tetrahedrite and tennantite determined by Rietveld refinement of neutron powder diffraction data. Physics and Chemistry of Minerals. September 2008, Volume 35, Issue 8, pp. 447–454.
5. Ignatkina V. A., Bocharov V. A., D’yachkov F. G. Fiziko-tekhnicheskiye problemy razrabotki poleznykh iskopayemykh. 2013, no 5, pp. 138–146.
6. Mitrofanov S. I. Issledovanie rud na obogatimost’ (Study of ores dressability), Moscow, Gortekhizdat, 1954, 495 p.
7. Samygin V. D., Grigor’ev P. V., Filippov L. O. Izvestiya vuzov. Tsvetnaya metallurgiya. 2002, no 4, pp. 72–77.
8. Berger G. S. Flotiruemost’ mineralov (Floatability minerals), Moscow, Gosgortekhizdat, 1962, 255 p.
9. Melik-Gaykazyan V. I., Abramov A. A., Rubinshteyn Yu. B. Metody issledovaniya flotatsionnogo protsessa (Methods of study of the flotation process), Moscow, Nedra, 1990, 301 p.
10. Konev V. A. Flotatsiya sul’fidov (Flotation of sulfides), Moscow, Nedra, 1985, 262 p.
11. Bogdanov O. S., Chanturiya V. A., Klassen V. I. Fiziko-khimicheskie osnovy teorii flotatsii (Physical and chemical bases of the theory of flotation), Moscow, Nauka, 1983, 264 p.
12. Khan G. A., Gabrielova L. I., Vlasova N. S. Flotatsionnye reagenty i ikh primenenie (Flotation reagents and their use), Moscow, Nedra, 1986, 271 p.
13. Lee K., Archibald D., McLean J., Reuter M. A. Flotation of mixed copper oxide and sulphide minerals with xanthate and hydroxamate collectors. Minerals Engineering. 2009. Vol. 22, issue 4. pp. 395–401.
14. Keiko Sasaki, Koichiro Takatsugi, Kazuhiro Ishikura et al. Spectroscopic study on oxidative dissolution of chalcopyrite, enargite and tennantite at different pH values.Hydrometallurgy. Vol. 100, issue 3–4. pp. 144–151.
15. Himawan T. B.M. Petrus, Tsuyoshi Hirajima, Keiko Sasaki, Hideyuki Okamoto. Effect of pH and diethyl dithiophosphate (DTP) treatment on chalcopyrite and tennantite surfaces observed using atomic force microscopy (AFM). Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 2011. Vol. 389, issues 1–3. pp. 266–273.