METHODS OF DUST EMISSION CONTROL IN DRILLING AND BLASTING AT OPEN PIT MINES IN WINTER IN CENTRAL KAZAKHSTAN
In Central Kazakhstan open method developed granite Deposit. All technological processes of mining, crushing and transportation vehicles are accompanied by large amounts of dust.
To climatic features include: large amplitude between winter and summer temperatures, dry air, little rainfall in most parts of the Republic, long harsh winters and short summers in the North. Precipitation is insignificant, the greater part falls during the spring and early summer. Winter snow falls across the country. The average winter temperature is about −13 °C. Influence of Arctic air masses leads to strong (up to −50 °C) frost.
In such a climate the use of the known ways to reduce dust emission during mining works does not give the desired effect. The use at negative temperatures in the explosion process to cause the snow layer to blow the block and the surrounding area with flow rate of 8–13 kg/m2 of surface. This event allows 3–5 times to reduce the entry of dust into the atmosphere.
As the internal gidroservice wells in the period of negative temperatures you can also use snow-and-ice tamping the dust emission is reduced by 5–6 times.
Quarry, granite, reduction dust emission, mining operations, snow of wells tamping, tamping the snow-ice.
Issue number: 5
UDK: 622.271: 624.132. 35.003
Authors: Malashkina V. A., Kravtsova E. A.
About authors: Malashkina V.A., Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Scientific Supervisor,
Kravtsova E.A., Student,
National University of Science and Technology «MISiS»,
119049, Moscow, Russia, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Kutuzov B. N. Metody vedeniya vzryvnykh rabot. Ch. 1. Razrushenie gornykh porod vzryvom. Uchebnik dlya vuzov (Methods of blasting, part 1. The destruction of rocks by explosion. Textbook for high schools), Moscow, Izd-vo «Gornaya kniga», 2007, 431 p.
2. Edinye pravila bezopasnosti pri razrabotke rudnykh, nerudnykh i rossypnykh mestorozhdeniy (Unified safety rules for development of ore, nonmetallic and placer deposits), Moscow, Nedra, 1977.
3. Ushakov K. Z., Mikhailov V. A. Aerologiya kar’erov (Aerology quarries), Moscow, Nedra, 1975, 248 p.
4. Kutuzov B. N. Bezopasnost’ vzryvnykh rabot v gornom dele i promyshlennosti (Safety of blasting in mining and industry), Moscow, Izd-vo «Gornaya kniga», 2009, 250 p.
5. Federal’nyy zakon «O promyshlennoy bezopasnosti opasnykh proizvodstvennykh ob”ektov». Redaktsiya 2016 g. (Federal law «On industrial safety of hazardous production facilities». Edition 2016), 34 p.