V. A. Galkin — Doctor of Engineering, Professor, Research and Design Institute for Open Pit Mining
Date of birth:
Mining Engineer specializing in the technology and full-scale mechanization of open pit mining, graduated from the Nosov Magnitogorsk Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (currently University).
Academic degree and rank:
Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor.
Area of research expertise:
Mining safety and efficiency.
Research and practical activities. Director of the Research and Design Institute for Open Pit Mining since 1985.
Registration certificates and membership:
Academy of Mining Sciences
• Galin V.A., Kozovoi G.I., Pikalov V.A. et al 2004 Standardization as a main tool of enhancement of safety and efficiency in coal mines Ugol No 7 pp 5–6.
• Kozovoi G.I., Galkin V.A. 2006 Role of personnel in maintenance of competitive ability of a coal mine Ugol No 1 pp 4–16.
• Artemiev V.B.,Kilin A.B., Galkin V.A. et al 2011 Conceptual approach to continuous enhancement of coal mining safety and efficiency based on the motivation and qualification of personnel Ugol No 10 pp 52–58.
• Galkin V.A., Kilin A.B., Makarov A.M. 2013 Theory and practice of mine planning and design as an organizational and technological system GIAB Special Issue p 17.
• Artemiev V.B., Dobrovolsky A.I., Galkin V.A. 2014 Concept of transition to a next level of safety and efficiency of a mine (how “to capture Izmail”) Ugol No 14 pp 74–78.
• Galkin V.A., Makarov A.M. 2014 Methodology of improving competence of mine personnel Ugol No 10 pp 83–85
• Artemiev V.B., Galkin V.A., Kravchuk I.L. 2015 Production Safety (Organizational Aspect) Moscow: Gornaya Kniga (in Russian)
• Artemiev V.B., Galkin V.A., Makarov A.M. 2015 Provisions for enhancing production safety and efficiency at SUEK under recession Ugol No 2 pp 31–33.
• Galkin V.A., Makarov A.M., Kravchuk I.L. 2016 Theory and methodology of safe production Ugol No 4 pp 39–43
• Artemiev V.B., Galkin V.A., Makarov A.M., Kravchuk I.L., Galkin A.Val. 2016 Mechanism of prevention of hazardous production situation Ugol No 5 pp 73–77.
• Artemiev V.B., Lisovsky V.V., Galkin V.A., Kravchuk I.L. Enhancing production safety in SUEK mines (transition from “Battle Map” to “Charter of Combating” with respect to hazardous production situations) Ugol No 9 pp 4–9
• Artemiev V.B., Galkin V.A., Makarov A.M., Kaledina N.O., Vorobyova O.V., Kravchuk I.L. 2016 Organizational aspect of production safety in a mine Bezop. Truda Prom. No 12 pp 20–26.
• Artemiev V.B., Kilin A.B., Galkin V.A., Makarov A.M. 2016 Coal Mine: Manager and Management Moscow: Gornaya Kniga Series: Chief Mining Engineer’s Library Issue 31 (in Russian)
• Artemiev V.B., Dobrovolsky A.I., Lisovsky V.V., Galkin V.A., Makarov A.M., Kravchuk I.L., Kaledina N.O., Vorobyova O.V., Galkin A.V. 2017 The Role of Manager and Personnel in the Production Safety Provision Moscow: Gornaya Kniga Series: Chief Mining Engineer’s Library Issue 32 (in Russian)
• Artemiev V.B., Zakharov V.N., Fedorov A.V., Makarov A.M. 2017 Strategy, tactics and practice of innovations and advancement in open pit mining Ugol No 12 pp 6–19.
All in all there are more than 120 publications.
Order For the Merits to the Motherland, II Degree (1999); Badge of Miner’s Glory, II Degree (1997); Badge of Miner’s Glory, I Degree (2001).
Place of work:
Research and Design Institute for Open Pit Mining, Chelyabinsk.